Day of 5K Race and 1.5M WalkThis information is important. Please read all the way through.
Day of event is Sunday, April 29, 2018, rain or shine
Last Minute Registration, Package Pick Up, Start and Finish all at Congregation Gates of Heaven, 852 Ashmore Ave, Schenectady, NY 12309.
Let the world know you're participating. Use #CB5K to spread the word!
Schedule - Day Of
- 8:00 am - 9:45 am: Registration (walk registration through 11:15 am)
- 8:00 am - 9:45 am: Packet Pick-up (walk packet pick up through 11:15 am)
- 10:00: Star Spangled Banner
- 10:15 am: 5K Race starts
- 11:10 am: Awards distributed
- 11:30: Walk for Hope starts
- 2:00-6:00 PM: Join us at Wolff's Biergarten, 165 Erie Boulevard, for an after-race happy hour! $2 off drafts for participants. Walk-ins can join the happy hour with a $10 donation to St. Peter's ALS Regional Center!
For 5K Runners - Day Of
- Registration 8:00 am - 9:45 am
- Packet Pick-up 8:00 am - 9:45 am
- Race start 10:15 am at Congregation Gates of Heaven [Race route here]
- Awards at 11:10 am
- PM: Race results and post-race survey available on website
For 1.5M Walk for Hope - Day Of
- Registration 8:00 am - 11:15 am
- Packet Pick-up 8:00 am - 11:15 am
- Walk start 11:30 am
- Walk route here
Parking can be a challenge. The Congregation Gates of Heaven parking lot will be the race starting point, so it is not open for parking. Please try and park near the Temple, or utilize the parking by the tennis courts in Central Park, provided the Park is open (other events may be scheduled in the park). Car pooling with your runner or walker friends is always a great option! Don’t arrive too late.
Results & Survey
Come back to the website after the race. We’ll get results posted as soon as we can. We also ask runners, walkers, volunteers, sponsors and anyone else who participated to complete our quick survey so we can make next year’s event even better. Thank you for taking part in the Cherry Blossom 5K Race for ALS and Walk for Hope!